You cannot see it. You cannot touch it. You cannot even smell it. But it can kill you in a few seconds flat. It’s the deadly gas Carbon Monoxide, or CO.
Born out of incomplete combustion in your fireplace, heating system or even in an electrical fire, this silent assassin is more lethal and unpredictable than you can imagine.
Because we can’t see, smell or taste CO, it can affect you or your family before you even know it’s there. Almost all homes have sources of CO, so it is important that we understand this toxic gas and how we can protect ourselves.
Carbon monoxide can accumulate in indoor space, usually as the result of faulty combustion heating and exhaust systems. This toxic exhaust gas is absorbed by the lungs and enters the bloodstream of people or pets that are exposed to it.
Normally, red blood cells absorb oxygen from the lungs and distribute it to all the tissues of the body, but carbon monoxide interferes with this process because it bonds very tightly to red blood cells and prevents them from transporting oxygen throughout the body. Although the red blood cells continue to circulate throughout the body, they cannot carry oxygen as they normally would. Starved of oxygen, the body’s tissues begin to suffer. This process can result in illnesses ranging from mild headaches to even death.
Workplaces vary considerably in shape, area, and volume, though they can be divided into two key categories:
a.p.i. Alarm Inc. can equip your home or office with efficient and sensitive Carbon Monoxide detectors, complete with a.p.i. Alarm Inc.monitoring.
A little step that can go a long way in saving lives of your loved onesBack
© 2018 Residential & Commercial Security Company - Apialarm.com. All Rights Reserved.Get In Touch